We are looking for an Events and Marketing Specialist for our growing Valo Team in our APAC office in Melbourne! Do you want to join our journey of creating awesome digital workday experiences for employees? Are you a motivated worker who loves handling multiple projects at once with a positive outlook? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment in modern ways and improving processes to make us run faster? If your answers are a ‘strong yes’ to all of these, then we are excited to talk with you!
The position is full-time and located in Melbourne, Australia. The starting date is as soon as possible. We are only looking for applicants with a valid work permit.
The ideal candidate has a positive can-do attitude, can work well as a team member and independently, can manage multiple tasks without becoming overwhelmed, and has a strong desire to develop his/her personal skills. You get to work as a part of a global marketing team with a brand that stands out with the funloving and positive approach in a rather technical environment.
About The Job:
- Events, events everywhere. Conceptualize, negotiate, plan, organize, schedule, visualize and execute on-site and online events and buzz-worthy parties with a big wow factor. Coordinate event staff, logistics, and shipping. Ensure all events are successful from beginning to end.
- Content is king. Build effective content with various approaches to meet our buyers’ challenges and solve their problems. Create powerful engaging stories to our website and social media channels as well as marketing campaigns, articles, newsletters, webinars, landing pages, brochures, and presentations.
- Digital world. Modern marketing and communication methodologies are in your toolbox. You nurture our leads with inbound marketing techniques. You also know the tricks of online marketing. On social channels, you create amazing posts, including visual elements, hashtags, and promoted content.
- Loving lists. To-do list especially. Born to be organized and structured but still being flexible enough for working in an agile environment. Able to focus strongly on details but seeing the bigger picture behind every action regarding to the global marketing team and the whole Valo puzzle.
- Communication. Stellar communication with your team and our dear Valo Partners located around the world with different cultures and situations.
- Partner happiness. Support our best friends in the Valo Partner community to shine and succeed. Create Valo Marketing content to our Valo Partner Hub and other channels.
- #ValoLove. Take good care of our partners and customers! Let’s share more #ValoLove around us.
We hope you have experience and skills in some or all of these: Event planning, online marketing, inbound marketing, SEO, WordPress, marketing automation software such as HubSpot, Office 365 tools (incl. SharePoint, Teams), social platforms, blogging, Canva.
It’s a great advantage if you have been working in global IT software industry, B2B business, or if you are interested in photography, a basic knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, or if you have used intranets in your previous workplaces.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or related field
- Experience of marketing in the APAC region and understanding how each market differs
- +3 years of experience working in marketing and communications
- Strong IT skills and proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Curious of new technologies and ability to adopt the latest tools
- Flexibility with working hours (e.g. sometimes events are in different time zones)
- Strong people skills
- Maintain regular & efficient communication
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Ability to initiate tasks and perform duties without constant supervision
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and take ownership of projects
- Excellent spoken and written communication in English
- Resourceful and results-oriented attitude
- Friendly and positive, with an interest in helping others
- Full-time position with training & support
- Meaningful healthcare benefits
- Modern working environment
- Fun company outings and activities
- Excellent opportunity to grow and learn from highly creative talents
- Great advancement opportunities
- Global marketing’s team support behind you
Valo is a partner-driven Microsoft-focused tech company with offices in APAC, NA, and EMEA. Valo is a subsidiary of the Finnish digital services company Blue Meteorite Ltd. Our most recognized product is the multi-award-winning Valo Intranet that has millions of happy users and the strong worldwide community of Valo Partners.
Our products are made with love by experienced SharePoint and Office 365 professionals and smart creatives – a team of world-class techies and business developers that believe in building digital workplace solutions that have real value and positive impact for employees’ workdays. The Valo developers and lovers can be found around the world and we’re constantly looking for more talented and passionate individuals.
How to apply
Interested? Send your application to email@example.com. Apply now! We’ll start to interview candidates after receiving qualified applications.
For more information, contact:
Business Director APAC, Jarmo Kuusinen: firstname.lastname@example.org
+61 481 985 006 (Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time UTC+11 office hours Mon-Fri). We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Meet your future co-workers by checking the About us