Job Description – Production Manager
We are looking for a Production Manager in the Valo Team to serve the development teams in ensuring Valo product delivery. Production Manager manages the development organisation, takes care of team resourcing, leads the agile evolution and owns the agile development process.
Valo is growing fast and in this role, you get a chance to make a difference!
Join us to get the opportunity to build production delivery capability in global Valo Development Team. You will also have strong impact on team building and development. Therefore we expect you to have people-oriented approach – experience in competence development of individuals and team performance in general is highly valued. You’ll also get to build agile processes together with over 30 professionals in global Valo Development Team. Therefore, solid understanding of software development processes and product management is necessary to succeed in the role. Preferred location is Finland, near the teams in Helsinki or Jyväskylä.
Here’s what else you can expect to work on as a Production Manager:
- Managing, building relationships and connecting the team across the organisation and the entire Valo community (Valo partners, customers and other stakeholders)
- Team building and team development – this means for instance competence development of individuals, team performance in general. Experience in recruitment of software professionals is a big strength.
- Managing subcontracting arrangements for production (product development, partner support)
- Defining and owning Valo Agile Playbook and acting as agile process owner
- Supporting and coaching agile teams
- Development tools and processes ownership together with technical production leads
- Embracing quality thinking and acting as quality development lead with QA team
- Setting targets for Product Development and Partner Support
- Serving the development team as team manager
The role is new and therefore there is flexibility in the role description based on your competencies and preferences.
What do we expect from the Production Manager:
- Experience in managing software production and software product development. You may have gained your experience for instance as SW project management, QA lead, product management or agile coaching.
- Ability to manage international distributed teams is important. Experience in team manager responsibilities is a big plus.
- Good teamworking, communication, and negotiation skills are a valuable asset
- Independent, proactive and positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize your own work and keep the course even under pressure
- Location: Finland (preferably Helsinki or Jyväskylä)
- Language skills: fluent written and spoken English, proficiency in Finnish is a big plus.
What’s in it for you?
Valo is an award-winning digital workplace solution that is used by two million users worldwide. We offer a competitive salary with good benefits package and flexibility in working times and location. You’ll get to work independently, but you are surrounded with people who will not hesitate to share their knowledge with you and help you succeed. This is a unique opportunity to join a world-class team that includes the world’s best professionals in their field.
Join the Valo Family to be part of the next #ValoTeamCamp in 2020!
How to apply
Do you think we’re a match? Send your application straight away to firstname.lastname@example.org as we’ll start to interview candidates after receiving qualified applications!
For more information, contact Product Program Manager Jarmo Kuusinen: email@example.com +358 400 589 347 (Central European time zone office hours). Looking forward to hearing from you!
As we continue to grow, we are constantly looking for more talented, passionate, and fun-loving individuals. Get to know us better, check out our other open career opportunities, and jump into our journey towards creating better workday experiences!