Valo is an award-winning digital workplace solution on SharePoint and Office 365. We’re a bunch of tech and marketing geeks who share this idea of a better world, where working and communicating with each other is quick, easy and fun. All our products are made with #ValoLove.
Job Description – UI/Web/Front End Designer
We are now looking for UI/Web/Front End Designer to join our team in Finland! The need for this position is high so we expect the candidate to have a valid working permit in Finland. The preferred location is either our Helsinki or Jyväskylä office.
As a UI/Web/Front End Designer, you will be designing loved and award-winning Valo products with millions of end-users globally. You will have the possibility to work with a Valo product family including multiple different products and leave your mark on them.
Your tasks include e.g.
- Designing and implementing new features and interfaces for our products
- Ensuring the quality of our product offering by improving current user interfaces
- Helping developing new ways to unify and improve design-related workflows Along with our design team
You’ll get to work with a group of highly talented team of other UI Designers, Developers, QA specialists as well as a nice bunch of Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals and Marketing and Sales enthusiasts from around the world as we are a global company.
The position is a fixed-term parental leave substitution which will last at least until 09/2021 and there is a possibility for continuation after that.
To succeed in this role, we’re looking for the following skills:
- Relevant education and/or proved track record
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft product family and M365 ecosystem (Teams, SharePoint, etc.)
- Fluent knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Fluent knowledge of UI Design tools (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, Figma or others)
- Fluent written and spoken English, Finnish is a plus
We also appreciate if:
- You have knowledge and experience working with SharePoint
- You have knowledge and/or experience from UX Design
- You have experience from agile project work with Developers and other Product Team members
- You are actively following trends and new technologies in UI Design field
- You have a portfolio of previous achievements and work experience
- You have experience with accessibility standards (WCAG)
We are looking for an innovative and creative person with visual and end-user-first way of thinking. You have 1-2 years of relevant experience in UI/Web/Front End Designer positions and experience in agile and lean ways of working between products. You are enthusiastic and eager to learn and not afraid to think outside of the box.
What’s in it for you?
You will get a chance to work with and learn from a team that includes the world’s best SharePoint and Office 365 professionals. This is a team of seasoned and passionate people who will not hesitate to share their knowledge with you and help you grow.
Comprehensive health care and fringe benefits such as lunch cards and company bicycles are naturally part of the deal, just to name a few. We have been in the list of great places to work for several years and you can find even three-time returnees among us!
With Valo, you get a chance to make an impact on the design and development of an award-winning digital workplace solution that is used by over a million users worldwide!
How to apply
Interested? Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9.9.2020. Apply now! We’ll start to interview candidates after receiving qualified applications!
For more information, please contact Lead Designer Olli Pelkkikangas tel. +358 40 5968610 on Monday 7.9. during office hours (EEST) or Production Manager Päivi Haavisto tel. +358 44 2411636 on Monday 7.9. at 12.00–13.30 (EEST) or via email email@example.com. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
As we continue to grow, we are constantly looking for more talented, passionate, and fun-loving individuals. Get to know us better by checking out our other open career opportunities, and jump into our journey towards creating better workday experiences!