Valo is an award-winning digital workplace solution on SharePoint and Office 365. We are looking for a UX and Brand Designer for our growing and dynamic Valo Team. The preferred location for this position is our Finland offices in Helsinki or Jyväskylä, and the position is full-time.
Do you want to join our journey towards creating awesome digital workday experiences? Are you a motivated professional who loves handling multiple projects in a fast-paced environment? Then keep on reading!
Job description – UX and Brand Designer
We are looking for a talented UX and Brand Designer with digital/graphic design skills, a strong creative design portfolio and the ability to make an immediate impact on our team. Our ideal candidate is someone with 2 or more years of experience focusing on web design, UX/UI interfaces, landing pages, digital ads, as well as branding, design, and print.
You understand the importance that UX and brand design play in the global product business and marketing world. The key elements to success in this position are the ability to take ownership of projects across the board with hands-on design.
You have a high level of design and creative capabilities, and the ability to manage and prioritize your workload to keep up with deadlines. You are also able to do what it takes to make sure your work consistently falls into the “awesome” category!
This role will be diverse, involving aspects from both Valo Product Development and Marketing. In this role, you get to make an impact on how Valo products look and feel, how they are used and how they are marketed to our customers and partners. This ensures that the role is engaging and challenging for the right candidate. You will report directly to our CMO.
About the job
- UI & UX. Developing and maintaining dynamic user interfaces with a great user experience for multiple Valo products, driving the evolution of front-end standards, and branding guidelines.
- Graphic Design. Strong hands-on skills and visual eye for creating catchy graphics, mockups, content images, and illustrations for the product, marketing, and business initiatives. Developing, maintaining and implementing both digital and print design and following best practices to elevate the brand.
- Brand. Developing standards and branding guidelines internally and externally, across multiple products and channels. As a ‘brand guardian’, you will ensure all aspects of our product development and marketing activities align with the spirit and goals of the brand.
- Marketing Content. Creating high quality, effective and first-class marketing materials that align correctly with the overall brand strategy and our industry-leading products. Designing brochures, posters, social media ads, giveaways, and a variety of other promotional materials.
- Partner Happiness. Support the Valo Partner community, our best buddies, to shine and succeed.
- University or College degree in graphic and web design or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 or more years of pertinent experience, preferably in the IT industry
- Strong understanding and passion for UX and brand design. A keen eye for typography, print, branding, and conceptualization. Knowledge of production processes, both digital and print.
- In-depth knowledge of graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Sketch, and Interaction Design for making prototypes
- Experience in website development, mobile apps, social media platforms, photography, digital animation or video editing is a big plus
- Knowledge of SharePoint is a big advantage
- User-centric design approach with strategic creative thinking and attention to detail
- Ability to practice continuous improvement and promote knowledge sharing. Handles design critiques and feedback with a positive constructive attitude.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent spoken and written communication in English
What’s in it for you?
This is a unique opportunity to join our top-notch team to build award-winning digital workplace solutions that people simply love. You will get a chance to work in a modern, international environment with a crew that includes the world’s best SharePoint and Office 365 professionals, business developers, and smart creatives who know how to have fun while getting things done.
We encourage new ideas and provide opportunities for growth. Join our team and have an impact on projects and things that matter! Because life is too short for boring workdays.
Feel the #ValoLove already? If you think we are a good match, provide your strong creative design portfolio with recent relevant works with application and salary request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply now! We’ll start to interview candidates after receiving qualified applications! Looking forward to hearing from you!
As we continue to grow, we are constantly looking for more talented, passionate, and fun-loving individuals. Get to know us better, check out our career opportunities, and jump into our journey towards creating better workday experiences!